Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Home Tour Sneak-Peek: The Entryway

So while I do intend to establish a proper home-tour page, we have only recently purchased this house (March 2014) and I am, after all, miss-managed. But the next few posts will offer a sneak-peek of a few far-from-completed corners of my home!

 
The entryway:
 
Before:
 
(Sorry, I stink at taking before photos. Imagine a sea of mustard carpet.)
 
Currently:
 
 
We ripped up the hideous dated carpet, painted the trim and walls, polished up the original hardware.
 
 
I am still debating on the paint color. While it is one of my favorite paint colors ever (Colonial Cobblestone by Dutch Boy), unless it's a gloriously sunny day, it can get a little dark in the hall. One problem in our home is the lack of overhead lighting, which is normal for the age of the house, but a constant pain in my behind.

 
See how pretty this color is in the sunshine? Sigh...
This table was a $5.00 garage sale steal. I am still trying to decide if it needs a makeover. The obviously laminate finish is chipped in places and the hardware is outdated but I kind of like that it matches the wood floors.
 
 
The rugs are by Mohawk and the dried rose wreath is a DIY by yours truly.
 
Future plans are to finish painting the spindles on the staircase (they are an off-white and I will paint them the bright white that matches the trim) and updating the pendant. I'm eyeballing some beauties from Ballard Designs.
 
Onto the next room!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment