Monday, January 26, 2015

Ikea Hack: Gold Terrarium/Green House


Hi, guys! Sorry for the absence the past few days! I was battling an eye infection and am getting ready for my little sister's beauty school graduation party this coming weekend! But I do have a few new projects to share with you, one of them being this super-simple Ikea hack.



Last time I was at Ikea, I picked up one of these SOCKER Greenhouses:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70186603/

Not a bad size for $19.99, and I love white, but once I set it up in the kitchen it just felt a little... rustic? Shabby chic? Which is perfect for my mom's house (we actually both love shabby chic), but in the current direction our home is taking, it needed a little glam.

Nothing a $3.00 can of gold spray paint can't fix. I used Rustoleum Bright Metallic (the absolute best gold spray paint out there).

The after:


Much more dramatic and expensive-looking.


This project does require a little patience as far as taking out all of the plexi-glass and getting paint into every nook and cranny, but such a simple thing can have such a big impact!

Xoxo,
Natasha

3 comments:

  1. was taking out the glass difficult? any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you take out the glass???

    ReplyDelete