Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Home Tour Sneak-Peek: The Dining Room

The dining room. One of my favorite rooms in the house. China cabinets, crown molding, casement windows.... and let's not forget the swing door to the kitchen, Be still my heart. When we were looking for a house, one of my must-haves was definitely a formal dining room. I know that open-concept is the popular way to go these days, but with this house we got the best of both worlds as the kitchen is completely seperate (another one of my must-haves because I hate people staring me down while I cook) but the dining area overlooks the living room.

 
Before:
 
These photos are from the listing, definitely not my furniture. ;)

 
I know what you're thinking... "Please tell me she kept that carpet!" Right??

 
 
Currently:
 
Walls are Deep Sea Dive by Scherwin Williams.


 

 
The interior cabinet color is original.

 
The china is from my grandmother, English Countryside by Wedgewood.

 
Can you tell this photo is old? We can pretend it's Peony season, can't we?
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment